Monday, October 15, 2007

Meat Market

I still remember I used to be a little schoolboy, young and innocent. I didn’t know a thing or two about the upcoming world of glass, the meat market, full of hazards and vulnerabilities. Well, I was not expecting danger. Each meat given to me was fluffy and light. Meat was rare to me then, but well at least I got to smell it if I didn’t get one. A freshman I considered myself. I didn’t learn fast, as meat handling wasn’t an easy thing to do for me then.

Well, I can’t remember since when did I officially stepped into the market. I probably wouldn’t have realized then. The fighting for meat, the best survives, the bad meats cast away, such sadness and cruelty. I was still living a world of my own. My own little glass world. A glass boy seeking answer. I meet both buyers and sellers. Butcher presented me meat. I was hanged up for sales as new imported meat too. Everyone was selling and buying. I was catered to a small market, still fluffy and light.

I guess I was new meat, still sweet, the reason why I felt like I was up for auction. You will get me if you pay more. Not money I was referring to. Just pay more. So, I had been here and there. The market had been doing a fine business, selling and buying fine.

Years have passed; I’m not new and not rotten either. I’m still this piece of meat, selling maybe in a new market, or maybe it’s just still the same old market. A thing for sure, it’s not fluffy and light anymore. Things had turned a little too rough and heavy before, but it’s not now. It’s just not fluffy and light anymore.

Hah. Come to think of it, I have somehow instilled myself a particular mindset. I have the feeling that buyers are here for something nasty. I feel that it’s all about devouring, tearing and slashing of meat. Even if I happened to meet a kind buyer, I would have missed him out, because I’m not fluffy and light anymore, I have all nasty hands on me.

Come. It’s not easy. It gets so complicated. You can show me aces, but I want a royal flush. I know it’s hard. All the things you have got to be, you have got to save me from myself.

Mercy on me please…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Step out of the meat market please. No more meat! Amitabha~~~

10/16/2007 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...pei...ur comments very funny. But i have a qn...so will you be sold out one day?

10/18/2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home